- Witness the beautiful Val d'Orcia where golden fields touch the horizon.
- Encounter Orvieto, a hill town in the Umbria region that will steal your heart.
- Savor the delicate, rich flavors of freshly pressed olive oil during a visit to a fourth-generation olive farm.
- Observe Pulcinella count the hours atop Montepulciano's clock tower.
- Witness the fiery glow of a Tuscan sunset from the terrace of your hotel.
- Marvel at the incredible walled city of Assisi, the birthplace of Italy's patron saint, St. Francis
- Experience three world heritage sites (the Historic Center of Siena; Val d'Orcia; Assisi, the Basilica of San Francesco and Other Franciscan Sites)
Day 1: Depart gateway city
Day 2: Florence, Italy | Cortona
Day 3: Cortona
Day 4: Siena
Day 5: Orvieto
Day 6: Montepulciano
Day 7: Assisi
Day 8: Cortona
Day 9: Depart for gateway city
*Itinerary and pricing subject to change up until date of brochure publication*
Vicki has been teaching engineering since 1997 and has been at Dartmouth since 2005 where she is currently an Instructional Professor at the Thayer School of Engineering. Helping people of all ages understand basic engineering concepts and appreciate the engineering around them are important goals to Vicki. She loves to build things, often with the help of her children, and incorporates hands-on learning in her courses whenever possible. Vicki received a BS in civil engineering from the University of Minnesota in 1991 and MS and PhD degrees in civil/structural engineering from Stanford University in 1992 and 1996, respectively. She has won several teaching awards over the years including Professor of the Year for Dartmouth and New Hampshire.