The global tour introducing President Sian Leah Beilock to the Dartmouth community is underway—with standing-room-only crowds at its first four stops—and will continue through the new year.
The Presidential Welcome Tour is drawing a large, lively turnout in each city, with attendees celebrating the inauguration of Dartmouth’s first woman president, applauding her vision for Dartmouth’s place within the universe of higher education, and buzzing with pride as the university’s international influence and recognition continue to grow.
The tour commenced in Washington, D.C., followed by gatherings in Boston and Hanover. The most recent event, December 11 in New York, drew more than 750 guests to Chelsea Piers. Each celebration has been an evening filled with camaraderie and insightful conversations about Dartmouth’s bright future.
“I know how much Dartmouth means to every single one of you. I want to make sure it remains that special place you remember,” President Beilock told guests at the New York celebration. “And I want it to evolve—with your help—into an institution that meets this pivotal moment we’re in.”
At each gathering, President Beilock is expanding on her key areas of focus, which she outlined in her inaugural address:
- Fostering mental health and wellness across campus
- Creating brave spaces for open dialogue about challenging topics
- Strengthening the Dartmouth community’s lifelong bonds, with a particular focus on promoting professional and career development
- Becoming a real carbon-zero campus to minimize Dartmouth’s contribution to global climate change and advance sustainability
- Unleashing the intellectual firepower of faculty, students, and alumni to drive innovation and impact
The Presidential Welcome Tour will continue through the end of 2024 and into 2025 and will also include virtual gatherings. The next five stops are:
Miami — Tuesday, February 21
Chicago — Tuesday, March 12
Los Angeles — Tuesday, April 9
Seattle — Thursday, April 11
If there’s a Presidential Welcome Tour celebration coming to a city near you, you’ll receive an e-invitation about one month in advance. Email us if you’re traveling and are planning to be in a city that is hosting an upcoming tour event or if you have any questions.