The Hill Winds Society, sponsored by the Office of Alumni Relations, is comprised of a diverse group of about 40 students selected to be ambassadors to the alumni body. Founded in 2006, the society represents a variety of student interests, backgrounds and academic disciplines.
Members are selected on the basis of their campus involvement, communication skills, leadership ability and potential, and infectious Dartmouth spirit.
Society members are charged with
- Representing aspects of current student life to alumni
- Educating students about alumni's role in the life and history of the College
- Fostering interaction between students and alumni
- Dartmouth history and traditions tours
- Student–alumni trivia contests
- Dartmouth alumni appreciation week
- Regional alumni club outreach
- Homecoming event for alumni and students