Association of Alumni
2013 Annual Meeting
March 16, 2013
Room 001, Rockefeller Center, Dartmouth College
President John (J.B.)Daukas '84 opened the meeting.
- The first item on the agenda was the secretary's minutes. Martha Beattie '76 said that the minutes of last year's Association of Alumni annual meeting were approved shortly after that meeting and are posted on the Association of Alumni website. In addition, the minutes of the first two conference calls held by the Association of Alumni Executive Committee following that annual meeting were approved and are also posted on that same website. The most recent conference call, held by the Executive Committee on November 14, 2012, will be posted once they are approved by the Executive Committee.
- The second item on the agenda was brief remarks from the president. JB Daukas thanked retiring executive committee members, Mark Alperin '80 and Ann Fritz Hackett '76, for their service on the Association of Alumni Executive Committee over the last several years.
- The next agenda item was the appointment by the president of the regular committees. This will be done by the 2013-2014 executive committee.
- The next agenda item was the treasurer's report and any matter of business from the executive committee. Martha Beattie reported that there was no money taken in by the Association and no money was spent. The College budgeted $80,000 for the cost of the election and the annual meeting. The final election bills have not been submitted to date.
- The next agenda item was communications, if any, from the president or the board of trustees of the College. There were none.
- The next agenda item was the election of honorary members. There were none.
- The net agenda item was the report of the committee on nominations and report of special committees. There were none.
- The next agenda item was miscellaneous business. JB Daukas reported the results of the elections for the Association of Alumni and the one alumni-nominated trustee vacancy. He said that the total number of votes cast in the election were 9,008 which was approximately 13% of alumni. In the trustee election, Alumni Council nominee Mitchell Kurz '73 received 7,650 votes. On Thursday, March 13, the Board of Trustees voted to elect Mitchell Kurz to the Board. Seventy-five percent of the votes were cast electronically. Twenty-five percent of the votes were cast by paper ballot.
- JB Daukas reported that the following alumni were elected to the Association of Alumni Executive Committee. Their vote totals are in parenthesis.
Executive Committee Officers
President: John "J.B." Daukas '84 (8,379)
First Vice President: Gary L. Love '76 (8,373)
Second Vice President: Peter A. Bleyler '61 (8,349)
Secretary-Treasurer: Martha J. Beattie '76 (8,456)
Executive Committee Members
Gersh Abraham '58, '59Th (8,216)
Belinda H.Y. Chiu '98 (8,283)
Jeff Crowe '78 (8,308)
Karen Francis-DeGolia '84 (8,244)
Mark Harty '73 (8,264)
Kiyoe Hashimoto '95 (8,264)
Kate Strayer-Benton '05, '11 Tu (8,268)
10. JB Daukas adjourned the meeting.