Association of Alumni
2014 Annual Meeting
March 15, 2014
Zimmerman Conference Room, Blunt Alumni Center, Dartmouth College
Second Vice President Pete Bleyler '61 opened the meeting. President John "J.B." Daukas '84 participated by phone.
- The first item on the agenda was the secretary's minutes. Martha Beattie '76 reported that the minutes of last year's Association of Alumni annual meeting were approved shortly after that meeting and are posted on the Association of Alumni website. In addition, the minutes of the first five conference calls held by the Association of Alumni Executive Committee following that annual meeting were approved and are also posted on that same website. The most recent two conference calls, held by the Executive Committee, will be posted once they are approved by the Executive Committee.
- The second item on the agenda was brief remarks from the president. JB Daukas, who participated in the meeting by phone, thanked the retiring executive committee members for their service on the Association of Alumni Executive Committee over the last several years.
- The next agenda item was the appointment by the president of the regular committees. This will be done by the 2014-2015 executive committee.
- The next agenda item was the treasurer's report and any matter of business from the executive committee. Martha Beattie reported that there was no money taken in by the Association and no money was spent. The College budgeted $75,000 for the cost of the election and the annual meeting. The final election bills have not been submitted to date.
- The next agenda item was communications, if any, from the president or the board of trustees of the College. There were none.
- The next agenda item was the election of honorary members. There were none.
- The next agenda item was the report of the committee on nominations and report of special committees. There were none.
- The next agenda item was miscellaneous business. Pete Bleyler reported the results of the elections for the Association of Alumni and the vote on the proposed constitutional amendment. He said that the total number of votes cast in the election were 8,860 which was approximately 12.4% of alumni. The proposed amendment to the Constitution of the Association of Alumni passed by more than the required two-thirds margin with 89 percent of voting alumni approving the amendment. Alumni cast 7,510 votes in favor of the amendment and 925 votes against it.
- Pete Bleyler reported that the following alumni were elected to the Association of Alumni Executive Committee. Their vote totals are in parenthesis.
Executive Committee Officers
President: Susan Finegan '85 (8,149)
First Vice President: C. Alec Casey '88 (8,118)
Second Vice President: Robert Higgins '81 (8,156)
Secretary-Treasurer: Martha Beattie '76 (8,177)
Executive Committee Members
Lorraine Buhannic '07 (7,968)
Karen Francis-DeGolia '84 (8,021)
Mark Harty '73 (8,027)
Amy Henry '97 (8,048)
Kenneth Johansen '60, '62Th (7,985)
Paul Killebrew '67 (8,038)
Andrew Son '09 (7,973)
- Pete Bleyler adjourned the meeting.