Explore content, resources, and tools for small business owners.
Small Business Directory
The COVID-19 pandemic has created a difficult climate for small businesses. In response, Dartmouth Alumni Relations launched the Alumni Small Business Directory in order to provide visibility for alumni owned and operated small businesses within the Dartmouth community. Review these Frequently Asked Questions for additional information.
- Future of Work in Small Business
Tuesday, December 8, 7:30 p.m. EST
We welcome back Hanover small business owners Jarett Berke TU'17 (Lou's Restaurant & Bakery), Allie Levy '11 (Still North Books & Bar), and John Pepper '91 TU'97 (Boloco) for a discussion about their businesses' adaptations in the face of the pandemic and what the winter will bring. Moderated by Steve Kahl ’91, faculty director of TuckGO and Tuck's Center for Entrepreneurship.
Podcasts and Talks
- Main Street Responds to COVID-19: Hanover business owners discuss the impacts of the COVID-19 outbreak on Main Street. With Allie Levy '11, owner, Still North Books & Bar, John Pepper '91 TU '97, Boloco co-founder, and Jarett Berke TU'17, owner and CEO, Lou's Restaurant & Bakery.
- Chris Hogan TU'16: Enabling Sales Teams to Scale Faster and Cheaper Through Software focuses on key software platforms, applications and tools available to small and medium-sized businesses.
- Jason Hsiao '98, co-founder, Animoto: The How of Business - How to Start, Run & Grow a Small Business, Episode 225: Building Animoto & Video Marketing
- Three Box Solution: Implementing strategy in your organization with the Earl C. Daum 1924 Professor of International Business and the Founding Director of Tuck's Center for Global Leadership Vijay Govindarajan.
- Library Guides: Business: Entrepreneurship (Dartmouth Library)
- The Magnuson Center for Entrepreneurship
- Dartmouth Entrepreneurial Resources (Thayer School of Engineering)
Alumni Book Shelf
- David Kreps '72: The Motivation Toolkit: How to Align Your Employees’ Interests with Your Own
- Santiago Lopez '73: Value-Based Marketing Strategy
- Cliff Ennico '75: The Crowdfunding Handbook: Raise Money for Your Small Business or Start-up with Equity Funding Portals
- John Cioffi GR'75: 6 Habits of Highly Successful Managers
- Ken McDonald '89: How to Acquire Your First Million Customers: Scaling Your Online Business by Laying the Foundation for Growth
- Rob Kornblum '91: Never Too Late to Startup: How Mid-Life Entrepreneurs Create Wealth, Freedom & Purpose
- Mark Peterson '91 TU'95: Guerillapreneur: Small Business Strategy for Davids Wanting to Defeat Goliaths
- Scott Anthony '96: Dual Transformation: How to Reposition Today’s Business While Creating the Future
- David G. Moore ’83 P’15 Small Business Savvy: Three Questions for David G. Moore ’83 P’15 (Three Questions July 2017)
- Raymond Prado ’89 Behind the Scenes: Storyboard artist Raymond Prado ’89 works his Hollywood magic from the quiet hills of rural Vermont (Dartmouth Alumni Magazine Mar-Apr 2017)
- Michelle Khare ’14 Internet Famous: YouTube phenom Michelle Khare ’14 makes a very good living. And she works hard for the money (Dartmouth Alumni Magazine Jul-Aug 2020)
- Big Green Brews: Meet 9 Alumni Shaping the Craft Beer Business (Alumni News April 2019)
- Lone Pine Wine: Reds, whites and green: a quick guide to some alumni vintners in the Central and Sacramento valleys of California, where in vino veritas is more than just a motto (Dartmouth Alumni Magazine Jul-Aug 2017)
- The Secret to Their Success: ’91 Entrepreneurs Share How to Startup (Alumni News June 2016)