The Swiss Alps and the Lake District of Italy offer striking contrasts. Both have inspired travelers for centuries with towering mountain peaks and charming lakeside towns. Settle in the jet-set resort of St. Moritz. Travel by rail to the delightful village of Zuoz. Take a ride on the renowned Bernina Express for the scenic rail journey to Tirano. Drive through the Maloja Pass, and embark on a leisurely cruise of Lake Como. Stay in Stresa in the Italian Lakes District. Situated on Lake Maggiore, Stresa is the perfect place to launch your exploration of northern Italy. Visit the Borromean Islands. Travel to cosmopolitan Milan to see Leonardo da Vinci’s “The Last Supper” and visit the La Scala Museum. A popular local chef will give a cooking demonstration while preparing an exclusive lunch. Local guides and speakers provide insight during included excursions and lectures. This engaging program includes first-class accommodations and an extensive meal plan including wine with dinner.
- Witness majestic scenary carved by ancient glaciers aboard the historic Bernina Express, the highest rail crossing in the Alps.
- Indulge in the cosmopolitan ambience of St. Moritz, a jet-set resort town.
- Cruise on Lake Cuomo, where golden sunlight dances across azure waters.
- Stroll through beautiful botanic gardens while listening to the melodies of birds on the Borromean Islands.
- Wind your way over the stunning Maloja Pass, past a canvas of pristine lakes and picture-perfect villages.
- Gaze at Leonardo's incredible "The Last Supper" during a visit to Milan.
- Discover the secrets of northern Italy's cuisine during a cooking lesson.
- Experience two UNESCO World Heritage sites (1. Rhaetian Railway, Bernina Landscape, Switzerland and Italy; 2. Church and Dominican Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie with Leonardo's "The Last Supper," Milan).
Day 1: Depart gateway city
Day 2: Arrive in Zurich/Transfer to St.Moritz
Day 3: St. Moritz/Zuoz
Day 4: Bernina Express/Tirano
Day 5: St.Moritz
Day 6: Maloja Pass/Como/Stresa
Day 7: Borromean Islands
Day 8: Milan
Day 9: Stresa