Wildlife of Northern Manitoba
Journey to the great Canadian North for a once-in-a-lifetime eco-adventure highlighted by four nights at an outstanding wilderness lodge run by a family of outfitters with a proven record of providing guests with the area's finest outdoor activities. In the evenings, bundle up and venture out under the stars to observe the northern lights.
- Experience true Canadian hospitality at Gangler’s North Seal River Lodge in Northern Manitoba—an exclusive property renowned for its extraordinary service that is situated approximately 200 miles from the nearest road and accessible only by air. This stretch of untouched water and wilderness—spanning over 7,200 square miles—features 12 river systems that merge to form more than 100 lakes as well as the North Seal River.
- Relish pristine viewing of the northern lights in September that will leave you breathless.
- Set out on a full-day wildlife spotting excursion (by air and by land) during the annual caribou migration—where wolves, bears, bald and golden eagles, wolverines, and scavengers follow this traveling ecosystem.
- Admire the geologically rare landscape sculpted thousands of years ago by retreating glaciers that left meandrous formations of gravel and sand called eskers.
- At the lodge, choose from a variety of outdoor activities, including hiking, birding, lake tours, and fishing.
- Enjoy guided tours and lectures led by local naturalists—including resident biologist, Dr. Brian Kotak, and First Nations guides—specializing in the region's geology, geography, flora and fauna, and indigenous communities.
- Participate in workshops directed by a local professional nature photographer to learn techniques for optimum aurora, wildlife, and landscape photography.
Day 1: Arrive Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Day 2: Winnipeg / Flight to Gangler's North Seal River Lodge / Eskers Tour / Northern Lights Viewing
Day 3: Wildlife Excursion / Northern Lights Viewing
Day 4: Caribou Spotting / Northern Lights Viewing
Day 5: Optional Activities / Northern Lights Viewing
Day 6: Flight to Winnipeg / Depart for U.S.
Optional Post-Tour: Winnipeg