Join this unique itinerary, which captures the historical legacies and dynamic cultures of coastal Portugal, Spain, France and England and commemorates the historic D-Day landings. Cruise for eight nights from Lisbon aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star, small ship Le Dumont d’Urville, launching in 2019 and featuring only 92 suites and Staterooms, each with a private balcony. Visit three UNESCO World Heritage sites and conclude with a memorable cruise up the storied River Thames to London’s illustrious Tower Bridge. Special guest speaker Dwight D. Eisenhower II, grandson of General and President Dwight D. Eisenhower, accompanies you to the hallowed beaches of Normandy. Explore Oporto in Portugal’s renowned port wine country. Walk in the footsteps of ancient pilgrims on the Way of St. James in Santiago de Compostela. Observe the intriguing juxtaposition of old and new in Bilbao and visit the iconic Guggenheim Museum. Tour Mont-St-Michel’s impressive abbey. Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages are available onboard the ship. Lisbon Pre-Cruise and London Post-Cruise Options.
A rare, private opportunity to cruise with guest speaker
Dwight David Eisenhower II, esteemed political scientist and American historian and grandson of President Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Introducing the extraordinary Blue Eye, the world’s first multisensory, underwater Observation Lounge.
- Uniquely designed, eight-night cruise itinerary available only through Gohagan & Company.
- Exclusively chartered cruise aboard the Five-Star small ship Le Dumont d’Urville, launching in 2019.
- Four countries—Portugal, Spain, France and England—with access to ports unavailable to larger vessels and all shore excursions included.
- Visit the historic beaches of Normandy, accompanied by Professor David Eisenhower.
- Explore three UNESCO World Heritage sites—Oporto, Santiago de Compostela and Mont-St-Michel.
- Visit the iconic Guggenheim Museum in beautiful Bilbao, Spain.
- Once-in-a-lifetime cruise from the English Channel up the River Thames to London’s iconic Tower Bridge, possible only by small ship.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout the cruise.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi aboard ship.
- Lisbon Pre-Cruise and London Post-Cruise Options.
- Depart the U.S. or Canada
- Lisbon, Portugal/Embark Le Dumont d’Urville
- Leixões for Oporto
- A Coruña, Spain, for Santiago de Compostela
- Cruising the French Coast
- St. Malo, France, for Mont-St-Michel
- Caen for Normandy Beaches
- Cruising the English Channel/River Thames/London, England (Tower Bridge)
- London/Disembark ship/Return to the U.S. or Canada
Nancy Marion is the George J. Records 1956 Professor of Economics and Associate Dean of the Faculty for the Social Sciences at Dartmouth. She has written and published on a variety of topics in macroeconomics and international finance, including financial crises, international reserve holdings, international risk sharing, policy volatility, and the transmission of disturbances across countries. Her work has been published in leading scholarly journals and featured in the financial press. She is a consultant to the International Monetary Fund and has been a frequent lecturer at the IMF Institute. She received her B.A. from Oberlin College and a Ph.D. in economics from Princeton University.