Dartmouth Stories That Shape the World
Dartmouth is coming to Boston to celebrate Charter Day and the grand finale of the College’s year of 250th anniversary celebrations – and you're invited!
Join in the fun as CNN’s Jake Tapper ’91, actress and comedian Rachel Dratch '88, retired Boston Bruins player Lee Stempniak ’05, Professor Don Pease, and other special guests wrap up this historic year. Together, we’ll gather ’round for an evening of storytelling that celebrates and inspires the Dartmouth spirit and connects us as a community, followed by a celebratory reception and ice skating party.
Boston Marriott Cambridge
Cambridge, MA 02142
Reception and Program
6-6:45 p.m. Registration and Welcome Reception
6:45–8:00 p.m. Program
- Philip J. Hanlon '77, President of the College
- Cheryl Bascomb ’82, Vice President for Alumni Relations
- Don Pease, the Ted and Helen Geisel Third Century Professor in the Humanities, Chair of the Master of Arts in Liberal Studies Program, and professor of English and comparative literature
- Jake Tapper ’91, CNN anchor and chief Washington correspondent
- Lee Stempniak ’05, Professional hockey player
- Rachel Dratch '88, actress and comedian
- Raleigh Nesbitt '19, Dartmouth Idol 2019 winner and artist
- Reyn Hutten '21, Earth Sciences student and researcher
8–9:30 p.m. Reception with hearty hors d’oeuvres and open bar of beer, wine, and soft drinks
$25—Classes of 2009–2019
Relive skating with friends on Occom Pond; warm up with food, drinks, and the company of good friends; and experience the engaging moments you enjoyed as a student.
Kendall Square Skating Rink
300 Athenaeum Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
$10—Classes of 2009-2019
Join us for one or both events!
Looking to make a weekend of it? Dartmouth Men's Hockey takes on Northeastern on Saturday, December 14. Members of the team will attend the Friday event – don't miss the chance to wish them luck!
Hunting for the perfect gift for another Dartmouth fan in your life – or yourself? Celebrate Dartmouth's 250th anniversary with a copy of Dartmouth Undying, a stunningly designed, 272-page coffee-table celebration that draws from the College’s rich archives and finest writers and visual story tellers. All proceeds from books sales will be used to fund projects that support the history and traditions of Dartmouth.