March 18, 2020
Zimmerman Conference Room, Blunt Alumni Center
Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH
Participating: Missy Attridge ’77, Amberlee Barbagallo, Steve Geanacopoulos ’74, Louisa Guthrie ’79, Kyle Huebner ’92, Lee Merkle-Raymond ’86, Jamila Ma ’12, David Millane ’67, Kalina Newmark ’11, Liz Nunez, Meg Ramsden ‘87, Angela Stafford ’91, Monik Walters ‘19
Association of Alumni president Louisa Guthrie opened the meeting via telephone. She greeted the group and there was a brief discussion about the global impact of the COVID-19 virus.
- The first item on the agenda was the secretary’s minutes. Angela Stafford reported that the minutes of last year’s Association of Alumni annual meeting were approved after that meeting and were posted on the Association of Alumni website. In addition, the minutes of the two conference calls held by the Association of Alumni Executive Committee since last year’s annual meeting have been approved and are also posted on that same website.
- The second item on the agenda was brief remarks from the president. Louisa Guthrie acknowledged the retiring officers/members of the Association of Alumni executive committee (Louisa Guthrie and Jamila Ma), thanked those remaining (Luke Antal, Kalina Newmark, Angela Stafford, Bob Charles, Steve Geanacopoulos, Budge Gere, Kyle Huebner, David Millane and Lee Merkle-Raymond), and welcomed new members (Missy Attridge, president and Monik Walters, executive committee). The Association of Alumni nominated slate was not contested, so as a result of the constitutional amendment approved by an alumni vote which addressed uncontested elections, no election was held for the Association of Alumni executive committee and officers. Additionally, the slate of alumni-nominated trustee candidates was not contested, so no trustee election was held. The 2020-2021 Association of Alumni Officers and Executive Committee are as follows, effective today (March 18, 2020):
Missy Asbill Attridge ’77
First Vice President
Luke Antal ’07
Second Vice President
Kalina Newmark ’11
Angela Stafford ’91
Robert Charles ’87
Stephen Geanacopoulos ’74
Brewster Gere, Jr. ’66
Kyle Huebner ‘92
David Millane ’67
Lee Merkle-Raymond ’86
Monik Walters ’19
- The next agenda item was the appointment by the president of the regular committees. This will be done by the 2020-2021 Executive Committee.
- The next agenda item was the treasurer’s report and any matter of business from the executive committee. Angela Stafford reported that $19,184.82 was spent by Dartmouth Alumni Relations to conduct business on behalf of the Association of Alumni since the last meeting. There was no election so there are no election-specific expenses to report.
- The next agenda item was communications, if any, from the president or the board of trustees of Dartmouth College. There were none.
- The next agenda item was the election of honorary members. There were none.
- The next agenda item was the report of the committee on nominations and report of special committees. There were none.
- The next agenda item was miscellaneous business. Meg Ramsden mentioned the virtual Town Hall that take place later that day to update the community on Dartmouth’s actions on the COVID-19 virus. She also said that she would reach out to the incoming committee to schedule a meeting in June. Louisa Guthrie adjourned the meeting.