March 14, 2018
Zimmerman Conference Room, Blunt Alumni Center, Dartmouth College
Participating: Martha Beattie ‘76, Budge Gere ‘66, Louisa Guthrie ’79, Liz Nunez, Meg Ramsden ‘87, Ellis Rowe ‘74, Angela Stafford ‘91
Association of Alumni president Louisa Guthrie opened the meeting via telephone.
- The first item on the agenda was the secretary’s minutes. Meg Ramsden reported that the minutes of last year’s Association of Alumni annual meeting were approved shortly after that meeting and were posted on the Association of Alumni website. In addition, the minutes of the two conference calls held by the Association of Alumni Executive Committee since last year’s annual meeting have been approved and are also posted on that same website.
- The second item on the agenda was brief remarks from the president. Louisa Guthrie thanked the retiring officers/members of the Association of Alumni executive committee (Stina Brock, Susan Dentzer, Aly Jeddy, Meg Ramsden and Heiyab Tessema ), thanked those remaining (Mabelle Hueston, Autumn Chuang, Brendan Connell, Danielle Dyer, and Jamila Ma) and welcomed the incoming officers/members (Luke Antal, Angela Stafford, Steve Geanacopoulos, Budge Gere and Ellis Rowe). The Association of Alumni nominated slate was not contested, so as a result of the constitutional amendment approved by an alumni vote which addressed uncontested elections, no election was held for the Association of Alumni executive committee and officers. Additionally, the slate of alumni-nominated trustee candidates was not contested, so no trustee election was held. The 2018-2019 Association of Alumni Officers and Executive Committee are as follows, effective today (March 14, 2018):
President: Louisa Guthrie ’79
First Vice President: Luke Antal ’07
Second Vice President: Mabelle Hueston ’86
Secretary-Treasurer: Angela Stafford ’91
Executive Committee Members
Autumn Chuang ’16
Brendan Connell, Jr. ’87
Danielle Dyer ’81 Tu’89
Stephen Geanacopoulos ’74
Brewster Gere, Jr. ’66
Jamila Ma ’12
Ellis Rowe ‘74
- The next agenda item was the appointment by the president of the regular committees. This will be done by the 2018-2019 executive committee.
- The next agenda item was the treasurer’s report and any matter of business from the executive committee. Meg Ramsden reported that $31,466.34 was spent by Dartmouth Alumni Relations to conduct business on behalf of the Association of Alumni since the last meeting. There was no election so there are no election-specific expenses to report.
- The next agenda item was communications, if any, from the president or the board of trustees of Dartmouth College. There were none.
- The next agenda item was the election of honorary members. There were none.
- The next agenda item was the report of the committee on nominations and report of special committees. There were none.
- The next agenda item was miscellaneous business. There was no new business. Louisa Guthrie adjourned the meeting.