March 14, 2017
Zimmerman Conference Room, Blunt Alumni Center, Dartmouth College
Participating: Martha Beattie, Stina Brock, Autumn Chuang, Brendan Connell, Susan Finegan, Aly Jeddy, Liz Nunez, Meg Ramsden
Association of Alumni president Susan Finegan ’85 opened the meeting via telephone.
- The first item on the agenda was the secretary’s minutes. Meg Ramsden ’87 reported that the minutes of last year’s Association of Alumni annual meeting were approved shortly after that meeting and were posted on the Association of Alumni website. In addition, the minutes of the two conference calls held by the Association of Alumni Executive Committee since last year’s annual meeting have been approved and are also posted on that same website.
- The second item on the agenda was brief remarks from the president. Sue Finegan thanked the retiring officers/members of the Association of Alumni executive committee (Alec Casey, Bob Higgins, Lorraine Bohannic, Amy Henry, Ken Johansen, Paul Killebrew and Andrew Son), thanked those remaining (Susan Dentzer, Aly Jeddy, and Meg Ramsden) and welcomed the incoming officers/members (Louisa Guthrie, Stina Brock, Mabelle Hueston, Autumn Chuang, Brendan Connell, Danielle Dyer, Jamila Ma and Heiyab Tessema). The Association of Alumni nominated slate was not contested, so as a result of the constitutional amendment approved by an alumni vote which addressed uncontested elections, no election was held for the Association of Alumni executive committee and officers. The 2017-2018 Association of Alumni Officers and Executive Committee are as follows, effective today (March 14, 2017):
President: Louisa Guthrie ’79
First Vice-President: Stina Brock ’01 Th’02
Second Vice-President: Mabelle Hueston ’86
Secretary-Treasurer: Meg Ramsden ’87
Executive Committee members
Autumn Chuang ’16
Brendan Connell ’87
Susan Dentzer ‘77
Danielle Dyer ’81 Tu’89
Aly Jeddy ‘93
Jamila Ma ’12
Heiyab Tessema ’04 Th’05 Th’06
- The next agenda item was the appointment by the president of the regular committees. This will be done by the 2017-2018 executive committee.
- The next agenda item was the treasurer’s report and any matter of business from the executive committee. Meg Ramsden reported that $708.75 was spent by Dartmouth Alumni Relations to conduct business on behalf of the Association of Alumni since the last meeting. There was no election so there are no election expenses to report.
- The next agenda item was communications, if any, from the president or the board of trustees of Dartmouth College. There were none.
- The next agenda item was the election of honorary members. There were none.
- The next agenda item was the report of the committee on nominations and report of special committees. There were none.
- The next agenda item was miscellaneous business. There was no new business.
- Sue Finegan adjourned the meeting.