May 19–21, 2011
The agenda included the following items.
1. Update on student life from Sylvia Spears, acting dean of the College:
- Greek letter organizations on campus;
- Dartmouth Health Improvement Program initiatives: SEMP revisions, Green Team, mini grants, Safe Ride program, Harm Reduction program, additional weekend programs, initiatives regarding sexual assault; and;
- National College Health Improvement Program.
2. Update on new dining plans by David Newlove, director of dining services:
- Transition from a la carte dining to a hybrid “all you care to eat” (AYCTE) program and flex-dollar program with emphasis on the AYCTE component; created a 20-meal-per-week plan with cost that fits into the financial aid package; still fine-tuning the meal plan number for upper classmen.
- Sustainability panel with students Laura Coyle ’12 and Nick Devonshire ’11 moderated by Rosi Kerr ’97, director of sustainability, discussed student-initiated sustainability programs (Big Green Bus, Pop-Up Bike Shop, internship programs, Earth Week, DOC trips) as well as the Sustainable Living Dorm.
- Update from Graduate Student Council President Marcella Lucas with handout (handout also provided by the Undergraduate Student Assembly).
- Election of our vice chair for the next academic year: Lou Spelios ’95.