Here are some guidelines for sharing Dartmouth news and events with your constituents. Of course, everyone has their own voice, and style, so feel free to bend these rules to reflect your own personality.
1. When posting information, share your enthusiasm for the event / activity and include a call to action in first sentence or two, i.e. “Register for our reception today.”
2. Good information to share includes photos, events, or news about your members.
3. Search for people to “tag” on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to bring more attention to your posts.
4. Try to share news on your channels at least once a week.
5. On Twitter and Instagram, tag @dartmouthalumni so communicators in Alumni Relations see your news.
6. When appropriate, use Alumni Relations’ hashtags, e.g. #DartmouthHomecoming + #DartmouthReunion to bring more attention to your posts.
7. Follow Dartmouth Alumni on social media!
1. Share your enthusiasm for the event / activity and include call to action in first paragraph, i.e. “Register for our reception today.”
2. Send emails sparingly, and keep them brief—ideally no more than 500 words.
3. When possible, include a photo.